Saturday, November 29, 2008

The End, or just the Beginning?


Death, for every individual remains to be the ultimate fear. And, from what we have been observing ever since the last decade, this fear just gets closer each day.

I, as a member of the media fraternity, I as an Indian or let me place it this way, I just as any 21 year old from Mumbai, have no words to describe as to what just happened 52 hours back.

Rage, distress and agitation we have been managing forever, but what about the helplessness, the absolute paralysis of our minds. Yes, I do feel really blessed that me and my family are alive today, but we are emotionally not very far from dead, and, its not just the condition of my family, but every family in the city today.

I am just tired, I am tired of blaming people, I am tired of trusting people and most significantly I am sick tired of bouncing back from a situation like this. How much can a human mind absorb? There is a limit to all of this. There is a limit to revenge, a limit to caste based injustice. What the hell are we doing?

Believe me, today, I am really angry with whatever happened, but, I am also not frightened to say, I feel really bad for every Muslim in our country. How scared those innocent people would be? I am sad for those Pakistanis who were unaware of all this, who will be highly ashamed of whatever happened and the kind of circumstances their country would face as a result of this.

Yes, I don’t care about how coward I may sound as an Indian, I may sound very offensive and should be very very angry at our neighboring country. But, I strongly feel the generation today needs to wake up. I don’t care what religion I belong to, I freaking don’t care which political party I may support, why on this earth should I care of what caste these 15-20 terrorists (mentally challenged- as I term the noun) belonged to? Yes, but I do care of the enormous loss of life in my country, the kind of illiteracy that prevails in the world today, I do care of every blood drop on the soil of this city in the past 52 hours, I do care as a generation of today, for humanity alone and absolutely nothing else.

I thus appeal to all my friends for peace irrespective of their origin. And I open this forum for all of us to not criticize or ridicule anybody, because we have had enough of all that, seriously. Lets together, as a rational , educated adult think of as many ways in which this can be prevented from occurring ever again at an individual level or from the Government side.

Finally, I salute each and every NSG and RAF commando, every IPS officer for doing what they have done for us. It is impossible to imagine what we would do without them in the last three days.


जय हिंद




14 comments:

Ankit B. Rathod said...

Each and every Indian is now tired of waking up every morning to the news of terrorism in some or the other part of the country..... Congrats and cheers for your first posts and the views put up by you are thought-provoking !!!

Peace Maker said...

Thanks Ankit,
I strongly feel our country must work, first towards giving the right equipments to aur security forces. As far as the police is concerned , and also financially supporting the NGS commando's so that they can all the more improve their training and be a lot more effective.

Peace Maker said...

I forgot to mention in a hurry, the equally brilliant MARCOS. We salute you guys.

Unknown said...

if the attacks ARE finally pinned down to pak, id like to see how our govt does react to that.. i mean are they gonna follow the trail n really ELIMINATE this mindless terror from its roots , or are they jst gonna procrastinate..
funnily, at this point , bush`s pursual of afghanistan aftr9/11 doesnt sound extremist at all..
bt do v really have any1 wid the balls in em to do that ? did u lissn in to what our highly intellectual PM had to say..ha..as a frnd put it , "even bricks in d background seemed more passionate n expressive"..
to cut a long story short , i think mumbai has transformed itself into such an entity that cannot be controlled by subversive n power hungry politicos.. wat v need is a impassioned CEO..
Its not pain v need to feel , but anger..
Its not words we need now, but actions..
p.s. i thnk such discussions are pointless.. its akin to cryin over spilt milk..

Peace Maker said...

I'd beg to differ
I have been closely following what the politicians have to say..I feel as a responsible person, we must discuss this issues and blieve me its not pointless.. n if v dun discuss then who will???..

I am here to spread the message of humanity and peace so that at an individual level we can prevent any more communal tentions in the city or country.

Sneha said...

u have just managed to echo what most of us are feeling at the moment.

Anonymous said...

good one there!
the fault lies not only in pakistan and the 'mentally challenged' fanatics it has so successfully produced over the years, but also more evidently in our own country's political make-up. we deserved this, and every other attack for having money-laundering scumbags in the government (so-called). i might sound callous here, but we need these shocks to remind us that we can overthrow these parasites. how long can we be expected to learn from mistakes, not of our own doing?
it is heartening to know that dissent is being felt and people are mad enough. the thing is we need to STAY mad until things are better.

keep writing. and keep gathering people who feel strongly. democracy will not work if we don't.

Unknown said...

Take me down to the terrorised city
where the streets are shitty
and life is pity..

take me down to the terrorised city
where the streets are busy
and life is pity...

thousand cabs parked in the stand
everything so well planned
the ugly urchins play their band..

take me down to the terrorised city
where the guys are rich
and the girls are skinny..

thousand people runnin to catch their train
the scene at tht station looks insane

thousands of bullets showered upon them
those ugly urchins laugh at their pain

take me down to tht terrorised city
where the glass is clean
and the rooms are pretty...

where the wine is classy
the rates are pretty
and they serve in a giffy...

take me down to the terrorised city
where the floor now is greasy
and the glass is stained
with the blood of the city

take me down to to my terrorised city
where they hold guns and bombs
and burn its beauty

take me down to my terrorised city
where the weather was sunny
and where ppl could earn money

so...
please..

make my terrorised city
a paradise city,
where the grass is green
and the girls are pretty
Take me home (Oh, won't you please take me home)

Take me down to the paradise city
Where the grass is green
And the girls are pretty
Oh, won't you please take me home

Take me down
Oh yeah
Beat me down
Oh, won't you please take me home...

Peace Maker said...

whose poem is this?

Ankit B. Rathod said...

It doesn't matter whose poem it is.... Its damn beautiful.... I've even posted it on my blog

shardul said...

Wel i am new to the blog world but this article posted by Rajni, is a very well writen article, and i think every one agrees... after reading this article i have decided to write a few lines of my own.... i dont know wht we must do at this time but i think i know wht we dont... we dont have to sit any feel sorry for every thing tht has happened... we have to learn from our mistakes as an individual and as a nation... so as to prevent thing like this from hapenning in the future.... It's like the docent says, "The more you know about the past, the better prepared you are for the future."
go ahead blog, write and let every one know wht happened in Mumbai so tht it never happens again...

Peripherial Thoughts And Feelings said...

hey rajni, awesome write, was thought provoking and summed up exactly what you, me or any other 21 year old Indian witness to that carnage would feel like saying out !

Besides i truly agree with your view of being tired of everything literally ! there are times when i feel that India as a country takes too much lying down , is soft on terrorism, doesn't send the army out to massacre the innocent people under the guise of terrorism , doesn't threaten to nuke a neighboring country at the slightest tilt in power politics .
But then again that is the very difference between them and us ! and that's what makes me proud to be an Indian .
So please do keep writing , and letting the world know that the youth of India will not cower down in the face of terrorism !

Unknown said...

Hey, I think what u ve said is very true. I wish our politicians who are so called the representatives "of the people, by the people and for the people" had brains like u did! i think with pak's involvment confirmed, the govt must no longer maintain a soft stand on the terror issue and take some serious action to make sure nothin like this ever happens again.

Vikram said...

Peace!